Being able to track and see visitor behaviour is absolutely vital to your online success.
The old business management adage “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it” is as important in the digital economy as ever. If you don’t know what is happening when users arrive on your web pages, how will you get better results?
People have looked for ways to track and understand visitor behaviour since web sites were first developed. From basic counters that track the number of visitors, to sophisticated analytical software like Google Analytics and other applications which deliver very granular information.
Learning about visitor behaviour is important for the success of your website, not only because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can better your performance, but it’s also been shown that past visitor behaviour is the best way to predict future behaviour. It’s an even better indicator, in fact, than visitor demographics.
While the ability to view statistical information such as how many web users are checking out your web site, which pages they are landing on and leaving from, how long they are staying on your site for, keywords searched, page views, referring sites, etc …, is highly important, wouldn’t it also be great to know exactly what visitors are clicking on, where they are visiting the longest for, which hyperlinks they are clicking on, which parts of your page visitors are mostly intrigued about, and more?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this possible. Web heatmaps have been used to help locate areas on a web site page that visitors scan most frequently. Web heat maps are also often integrated with other forms of web analytic software and session replay tools.
If you own a WordPress site, then you can easily add heat map tracking with session replays to your business tool box using an easy-to-install and very inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
HeatMapTracker – Live ClickTracking & HeatMap Tracker
HeatMap Tracker is not technically a WordPress plugin, but a software application that is compatible with WordPress and that lets you visually record your website visitors’ complete journey and creates instant heatmaps showing exactly where they click and where they are scrolling on your web site.
HeatMapTracker application enables you to capture every click your users make.
For more details go here: HeatMap Tracker
The better you know how your visitors interact with your web site, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that prevent your prospects from fully benefiting from your site, such as confusing navigation elements, or distracting adverts. As the site owner, you can help your users to perform certain actions, such as joining your newsletter or click on specific links.
Although Google Analytics has its overlay feature which can show you what links on a page users are clicking, a heat map will reveal any clicks that users make on your site, regardless of whether these are actual links or not. This is important because if a heatmap analysis helps you discover that users are clicking on an image which they think is a link, but turns out not to be a hyperlinked image, you can quickly remedy this by linking the image to the destination URL your visitors are trying to get to, or let your readers know that the image is just a graphic.
In short, heatmaps are one of the best methods to test your site design, measure how navigable your content is and help to improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Heat Map Tracker to monitor visitor behaviour on your web site:
Capture Everything Visitors Do On Your Site
The application lets you record every user browsing movement on your web site, enabling you to capture all links and buttons clicked, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Complete Control With No Restrictions
The software is self-hosted, giving you no-limit user recordings and playbacks.
Free Upgrades And Enhancements
There is a one-off cost to purchase the application, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited updates and all future enhancements.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Improve User Experience: By seeing how visitors use your web pages, you can spot obstacles that prevent visitors from progressing to the end of your sales funnel and improve user engagement.
- Stop Guessing About User Behaviour: The screen video recordings of your visitors’ sessions allow you to understand exactly what takes place on your website. Heatmaps let you see exactly which links and buttons users click on, where they are drawn to most on your website, how long they stay on a specific section, how fast they navigate down your site and more! No more guessing or assuming wrongly … just pure evidence of what happens when users land on your site.
- Increase User Engagement: HeatMapTracker helps you improve user interaction with your business, which increases sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to do this and we list a few of these in the “Tips” section further below.
Heat Map Tracker includes many features for web site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Fast and easy to install and set up. Goes to work in minutes.
- View heatmaps by clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. See if users are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your sales copy visitors look at and see how far down your page your users scroll down to as an indicator of how long your site or content can engage them for. HeatMap Tracker lets you analyze each and every user action to see how users interact with your site or certain pages on your website.
- Unlimited session recording and browser session playbacks. Do you need to provide statistical reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or clients about your website’s ability to convert or engage users? With HeatMap Tracker you can spy on visitors on your website for 1 day, a week, a month, etc.
- In-depth analytics. HeatMapTracker lets you see deep analytics and at-a-glance statistics with project summaries. Overview stats lets you view how many total visitors, tracked pages and total recorded user sessions HeatMapTracker has recorded for each project. You can easily see the top pages your readers are moving towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to spend more time on pages that users care about. You can also see regional location data of all visitors and learn where they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The chart below shows how Heat Map Tracker compares against competitors like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are a few of the testimonials and feedback customers have written about HeatMap Tracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker Useful Tips
Here are just a few of the ways you can use HeatMap Tracker on your website to improve your business:
- Discover what works (i.e. where visitors click) and what doesn’t work (where people aren’t clicking). For example, are people watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements thinking that they may link to somewhere else?
- Get useful information on how to improve your landing pages, sign-up forms, subscriptions, screen resolution, etc.
- Get insights on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get useful data prior to and during a website redesign, or if you decide to get a new WordPress theme for your website or blog.
- Conducting “above the fold” experimentation to improve your site’s “first impression”, or optimize the impact of the site’s real estate elements on your users, such as ad banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify whether an element on the page needs to be added, redesigned, or taken out.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for web-related services.
- Test whether users prefer to click images vs buttons vs text links, and how specific user segments engage with your site.
- Analyze potential website security weaknesses or vulnerabilities.
HeatMap Tracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a well-known internet marketer with a solid reputation for providing exceptional product quality and support. The member download area includes video tutorials for installing and setting up the software.
Product License Price
HeatMap Tracker is available in 3 different editions:
- Basic License – Use on 1 domain. Price = $197.00 One-off payment.
- Professional (Multiple) License – Use on up to ten websites. Cost = $297.00 One-off payment.
- Agency (Whitelabel License – In addition to all of the features available in the Basic and Professional editions (click-tracking, heat maps, browser replays, unlimited recording / pageviews, unlimited upgrades and enhancements and access to support), the Agency edition allows you to install the plugin on as many sites as you want, create client sub-accounts, and set up automated PayPal invoices to clients, making it ideal for web service providers. Cost = $497.00 One-time.
Note: Current pricing for Heat Map Tracker depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the plugin is being retailed for the amounts shown above. This may or may not be the actual price set by the plugin developer when you visit the product site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest price here: HeatMap Tracker – Live ClickTracking And Heat Map Tracker
For a video of the software in action, including installation videos and how to tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker website.
Analytics services like Google Analytics can provide good data on things such as how many people are finding your website, how they found it and what they do during their visits. However, if you want to really gain an insight into how your web site and your content is being used by your visitors to engage with your digital presence, then a heat map analytics software tool can be very useful.
We suggest purchasing a copy of HeatMapTracker for real-time heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behaviour analytics and conversion optimization to help you improve user-experience, engagement and to get more sales of your products or services.
For more information, visit the software website: HeatMap Tracker – Real-Time Click-Tracking And Heat Map Tracking Plugin
[su_note note_color=”#4c4c40″ text_color=”#fefdfd” radius=”2″]Need Help To Manage Your WordPress Site?
The WordPress Maintenance Plan will take the stress out of running your site, allowing you to take care of business… [/su_note]
Disclaimer: This site is not associated with WordPress or any of the WordPress products reviewed on this site. We may derive a financial benefit from sales of products advertised, reviewed or linked to from this site. The product images and information on this page have been supplied from the plugin’s own website.