New to WordPress? This short tutorial for beginners shows you how to access your WordPress login page.
Where Do I Log Into My WordPress Admin? – Quick Tutorial
As a new website administrator, learning your way around your website can sometimes get a little confusing.
If your website has been developed using WordPress, then one of the main things you need to know is how to log into your WordPress admin area, as all of your website’s administrative tasks are carried out in this area.
Depending on the theme used on your website, you may be able to log in directly from your home page.
Look for a hyperlink that says “Dashboard” or “Login”. On some sites, the link can be found in the Meta section of your web site’s sidebar area …
If this link is visible on your theme, just click on it …
This brings up your WordPress login page. Enter your username and password, and click on the Log In button to access your WordPress Administration …
Note: The “log in” link may not be visible in many WordPress themes. If you cannot find your WordPress login link on your site, then you will need to type your WordPress admin login URL into your web browser.
By default, your WordPress admin login URL typically will look like this:
- http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-login.php (if WordPress is installed in the root directory of your domain)
- http://yourdomain.com/subfolder/wp-login.php (if WordPress is installed in a subfolder of your domain, e.g. “blog”)
- You can also get to the login page by typing the following address into your web browser: http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin
Note: If the WordPress login page does not display when you type in one of the above URLs into your web browser, make sure that your WordPress installation address is correct.
If you’ve tried all of the above methods and you still cannot see the WordPress login section, then you may have an issue that requires technical support.
[su_shadow style=”right”][su_panel shadow=”none”]
Do You Need Help To Manage Your WordPress Site?
The WordPress Maintenance Plan will take the stress out of running your site, allowing you to take care of business…
Want more help with WordPress? Feel free to add your thoughts below or take a moment to share this information with your friends.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with WordPress or any of the WP-related products written about on this site. We may derive a financial benefit from sales of products advertised, reviewed or linked to from this site. The product images and information on this page have been supplied from the plugin’s own website and/or from websites that provide Premium WP Services
I have a profile on both oDesk and Elance and am always available to discuss any projects that would be suitable to by built using WordPress.
Latest posts by admin admin (see all)
- Website Traffic Blueprint Part 3 – How To Configure Your WordPress Site To Automate Traffic - February 4, 2016
- Website Traffic Blueprint Part 2 – How To Drive More Website Traffic For Your Business With WordPress - February 4, 2016
- Secure Your WordPress Blogs From Hackers And Botnets With Blog Defender WordPress Security Plugin - January 27, 2016